Here is a list of things you can do with your group at the Shrine in Lourdes. If you would like to know more, or would be interested in booking a Chapel for Mass during your stay at Hosanna House - please call 01788 564646 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Regular activities at the Shrine
- Daily Blessed Sacrament Procession and Blessing of the Sick - held each afternoon from 5pm. The location varies, so listen out for announcements in the run up to the start.
- Nightly Torchlight Procession - this Rosary Procession, held nightly at 9pm, is the highlight of many peoples' pilgrimage to Lourdes. It is a multi-lingual event, generally including English.
- Bi-weekly International Mass - held on Sundays and Wednesdays at 10am in the Underground Basilica in multiple languages including English.
Other regular activities in English
- 9am every day -Mass in the chapelle St Jean-Marie Vianney
- 3pm every day – Rosary that the Grotto
- Sacrament of Reconciliation – available in English each day from 10am to Noon and 3pm to 5pm
Other things to do at the Shrine
- Visit to the Grotto - visiting the Grotto where Our Lady appeared 18 times to St Bernadette is a moving experience for many visitors/
- The Stations of the Cross - there are two choices for this – the High Stations (on a steep hill just outside the Shrine) and the Low Stations (in the Shrine, across the River Gave from the Baths). The High Stations are physically demanding, and not suitable for visitors in wheelchairs.
- Visiting the Baths - though not the choice for many visitors, in remains a popular thing for pilgrims.