Information for travellers on HCPT pilgrimages

Information for travellers on HCPT Pilgrimages


If visiting France you should get a free Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) before leaving the UK. The GHIC isn't a substitute for medical and travel insurance, but it entitles you to state provided medical treatment that may become necessary during your trip.

Health recommendations may change and you must check the up to date position in good time before departure here.

If you are undergoing medical treatment you must obtain written permission to travel from your doctor. Any certificates you may have should be taken with you along with your medication and should be carried in your hand luggage.

Passports and visas

British citizens require a passport to enter France from the UK, other EU nationals require either a passport or national ID card.

Citizens of other countries may require a visa in addition to a passport – there is more information available on the French Consulate website.

We regret we cannot accept any liability if you are refused entry onto any transport or into any country due to failure on your part to carry all required documentation. If failure to have any necessary travel or other documents results in fines, surcharges or other financial penalty being imposed on us, you will be responsible for reimbursing us accordingly.

Foreign office advice

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office publishes regularly updated travel information on its website which you are recommended to consult before booking and in good time before departure.


We do not provide travel insurance to individuals and client groups. Our charity-wide insurance covers all members of all registered HCPT Groups but cannot be extended to school or parish parties.

Your protection


ATOL is a financial protection scheme managed by the Civil Aviation Authority ("CAA").

All travel companies selling air holiday packages and flights in the UK are required by law to hold a licence called an Air Travel Organiser's Licence ("ATOL"), which is granted after the company has met the CAA's licensing requirements.

Each ATOL holder is issued with a unique ATOL number, which can be checked on the ATOL website, and must contribute to a protection fund called the Air Travel Trust (ATT).

In the event of an ATOL holder's failure, the ATOL Scheme ensures customers who paid and contracted with the ATOL holder for an air holiday package or a flight, do not lose the money paid over or are not stranded abroad.

The ATOL Scheme does not cover bookings and payments made to airlines or to airline agents where airline tickets or a similar airline booking confirmation has been issued.

For more information on the CAA please visit their website.

HCPT is a registered ATOL holder, number 11047.

All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) is listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate click here.